iOS developer – Filippo Bigarella recently released a major upgrade for Springtomize 2 – his popular jailbreak app that allows users to customize almost each and every aspect of iOS.
The latest version includes a number of new features and adds native support for iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and iPad 1.
Here’s the list of all the new features, improvements and bug fixes:
- Full iPad, iPad 2 and iPhone 4S compatibility
- new options for the coverflow dock effect, including 3 different modes and the ability to adjust different aspects
- landscape / portrait options for icons for the iPad
- transparent notification center
- hide dock shadow
- hide AM/PM in status bar
- random icons flipping while coverflow effect was enabled
- icon image effects not applying to webclips
- dock icons disappearing after hiding dock under certain circumstances
- folder labels not hiding in the dock, when “Hide Labels” for Dock was enabled
- the user is now informed if the daemon is not running when toggling substrate addons
- notifications on lock screen misplaced when top bar was disabled
- automatic backups not working on some devices
- folders shadow not hiding properly
- notification center transparency only half screen in landscape
- AM/PM flashing back on the status bar
- top bar not hiding correctly
- fixed misplaced icon when 5 rows was enabled on the iPhone after 1.2-1 update
- improved icons resizing settings
- improved performance
Springtomize 2 is available in Cydia for $2.99, which is quite cheap when you consider that individual features such as coverflow dock are available via jailbreak tweaks like Overflow (now Cascade) for $0.99.
You will need to be on a jailbroken iOS device if you wish to install it. You can follow our step by step guide posted here to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 4.3.5 using Redsn0w (or PwnageTool), or on iOS 4.3.3 using Redsn0w, PwnageTool, Sn0wbreeze & JailbreakMe. For jailbreaking iOS 5.0.1 untethered on iPhone 4/3GS, iPad 1, iPod touch 4G/3G (A4 devices), you can follow our complete step by step instructions posted here using Redsnow on Mac (or Sn0wbreeze on Windows). For Jailbreaking iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Unthetered, you can simply follow our step by step guide posted here to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 using Absinthe on Windows or Mac.