Starfish shows off prototype of smartwatch at Macworld/iWorld 2013
One of the more anticipated products at Macworld/iWorld 2013 is the Starfish smart watch: an iPhone and Android-compatible watch that eventually will be capable of receiving incoming calls, texts, email, stock market updates and more. Does that sound familiar?
Mentions of the Starfish watch first emerged last fall with an ad in iPhone Life. Pocketables detailed the initial accounts of the watch, which was billed to be a device that would mirror your iOS device onto the tiny watch. The prototype that I saw today didn’t do that much, just accept incoming calls. But, it was hooked up to an Android and an iOS device.
Check out the video of the prototype in action. CEO Jason Buzi said that the Kickstarter, initially planned for last fall, will start in a couple of weeks. It’ll cost $169.
Starfish shows off prototype of smartwatch at Macworld/iWorld 2013 originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Sat, 02 Feb 2013 17:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w