If you have a big media collection that you can’t fit on your iPad or iPhone, below’s a terrific free of charge remedy to stream all of it off your PC/Mac. You’ll need to run Plex Media Web server on your PC/Mac and VLC on your iOS gadget.
Plex Media Server runs on Home windows and Mac, and smartly browses all your video clips, pictures and popular music. The very best aspect of the Plex Web server is that it automatically categorises TELEVISION shows, movies, and brings episode info, artwork and other metadata from the net.
So below’s just how you set up and configuration Plex on your PC or Mac:
- Download Plex Media Server from this link
- When the download is comprehensive, install and introduce the application. After it has released, you must see an arrowhead symbol in your food selection bar on Mac, or in the system tray on Glass.
- To launch the Plex Web server user interface, ideal click the arrowhead icon and click “Media Supervisor.” This need to open Plex in your default web browser, and you ought to see this screen:
- Select the “Include a section” web link in My Collection. A popup will ask you if you wish to include flicks, TV shows, music or images. Select the kind of media you intend to include.
- As soon as you’ve selected the type of media, you’ll need to point Plex to the folder(s) where your TV shows/movies are saved.
- Include all the places on your disk where you think you have your video clips kept, and struck save. Once you click on save, Plex must immediately begin checking your media and bring artwork and various other associated metadata from the net.
- You could duplicate the procedure for various other media kinds like motion pictures and music. With this, you’re done with configuring the web server. Plex will keep updating your collection as you add brand-new files to the source folders.
- On the iPhone or iPad, you’ll require VLC for iOS. If you do not already have it, you can download it from this iTunes link.
- Open the application, and get the VLC image at the leading right to open the side food selection, and tap on “Local Network.” (Note that you’ll should be on the exact same Wi-Fi network as your Mac/PC.)
- Tap on Regional Network, and you must see the Plex Media Web server pay attention under the UPnP part. Tap on it to see all the videos in your library:
- Get on Video clip and decide on the media kind you wish to see. You’ll need to navigate rather deep to inevitably see the video clip documents, once you reach that level, get on the file to start streaming it off your PC:
With this arrangement, you can enjoy your favorite TV shows, saved locally, on your iPad or iPhone without having to transfer them to your tool.