Survey: Interest in iPad mini is growing
TechBargains polled its readers, and found that interest in the smaller iPad has nearly doubled since the tablet was announced last October, with 33 percent of respondents saying that they plan to buy the next iteration of the iPad mini, compared to 18 percent last year.
Despite the increased demand, consumers want out of the next version, according to the survey. First on the list is longer battery life and a faster processor, as requested by 87 percent and 85 percent of respondents respectively. About 77 percent of those surveyed requested a Retina display on the iPad mini, which is not surprising.
But it is clear, both from this survey data and just from what I’ve seen in the community anecdotally, that people are taking to the iPad mini more and more. I don’t think it was ever really unpopular — the iPad is an excellent tablet no matter what — but I do think that when it was first announced, many consumers failed to see its appeal. Now that it’s been available for a while, however, and it’s been in Apple Stores and seen on trains and airplanes, I think more people are warming up to the idea of a smaller and very impressive little iOS tablet. If and when Apple does announce a model with a Retina display, the public’s interest will grow even further.
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1