Survey: iPhones in the hands of 18.5 percent of US smartphone users
Smartphones account for a little over half (53 percent) of all mobile phones in the US, and comScore’s latest numbers show that Apple’s iPhones now account for 18.5 percent of the smartphones in the hands of American mobile users.
That number, from November 2012, is up 1.4 percent from three months earlier, representing the largest jump for a smartphone manufacturer. Samsung still holds the largest share of mobile subscribers at 26.9 percent, up from 25.7 percent three months earlier. Manufacturers LG, Motorola and HTC all saw small declines in share during the survey period. Apple overtook LG in the No. 2 spot on the list.
In terms of mobile platforms, Android is still the king with a whopping 53.7 percent of the market. That share figure is up 1.1 percent over August 2012. Apple’s iOS platform also increased in market share by 0.7 percent, ending up at a 35 percent share at the end of November.
Who were the losers in terms of top smartphone platforms? RIM, Microsoft and Symbian. RIM’s BlackBerry platform now accounts for only a 7.3 percent share of the smartphone market, while various Microsoft smartphone operating systems accounted for 3 percent of the market. Symbian continued its descent into oblivion, dropping 0.2 percentage points to a barely registered 0.5 percent market share.
Survey: iPhones in the hands of 18.5 percent of US smartphone users originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 03 Jan 2013 15:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1