Swipe Safari: Jailbreak Tweak Adds New Gestures And Functionality to Mobile Safari [Video]
Swipe Safari is a new jailbreak tweak that adds new gestures to mobile Safari to enhance the user experience while browsing.
The jailbreak tweak allows users to swipe to previous or next page, pull to refresh the page and even switch tabs using gestures.
Here’s a complete list of features:
- Swipe (one finger) left or right to navigate to previous or next page
- Swipe (one finger) left or right and hold to navigate to the next or previous tab
- Pull down to refresh the page
- Pull from bottom to access Bookmarks
- Double tap with two fingers to toggle to fullscreen mode
- Double tap to go to the top of the screen
- Pinch to close tab
- Double tap and hold to open new tab
- Ability to assign actions for following gestures:
- Swipe (two fingers)
- Swipe (three fingers)
- Double tap, triple Tap (One finger)
- Double tap (Two fingers)
- Pinch (Two fingers)
- Tap/double tap + long press (One finger)
- Adds recently closed tabs feature on iPhone/iPod touch
- Removes limit on the number of tabs (which is 8 by default)
You can also configure these options via the Settings app. Swipe Safari supports iPhone, iPad and iPod touch on iOS 5.x.x.
You can check out the video of the jailbreak tweak in action below:
We were quite impressed with the jailbreak tweak.
Swipe Safari is available on Cydia for $1.5. You can also check out FullScreen for Safari -- a jailbreak tweak that offers similar features and is also available on Cydia for $1.49.
Of course, you will need to
jailbreak your device to install this tweak.
jailbreaking the latest
iOS 5.1.1 (tethered) on
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, and iPod touches follow the instructions posted here to
jailbreak using Redsn0w.
iOS 5.0.1 untethered
iPhone 4S and
iPad 2 (both Windows and Mac), you can simply follow our step by step tutorial posted here to
jailbreak using Absinthe or posted here to
jailbreak using Redsn0w.
Those of you with an
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, and iPod touches can use Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze to untether
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w