T-Mobile to finally start carrying the iPhone, pay $99 upfront
This one falls in the “it’s about time” category: the last of the national U.S. cellular carriers is finally going to offer the iPhone. T-Mobile will officially carry the iPhone starting April 12, with pre-orders beginning April 5, Engadget reports.
At the company’s Uncarrier event this morning in New York City, it announced that the iPhone 5 will be available for $100 down, and the ability to pay the rest in $20 installments over the next two years. T-Mobile also will offer the iPhone 4S under the same agreement with $70 down/$20 monthly installments over two years and the iPhone 4 for $15 down/$15 monthly installments.
T-Mobile announced in December that the iPhone would be coming to its network in 2013 and has been encouraging people to bring their iPhones over to its Value Plan since September. As of 2011, more than 1 million iPhones were being used on T-Mobile’s network, even though the company did not have any ties to Apple at that time.
You can follow our sister site Engadget’s liveblog of the Uncarrier event, as more details are released.
T-Mobile to finally start carrying the iPhone, pay $99 upfront originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1