Temp Fix For iPhone 4S Audio Echo Bug
Few days back, BGR reported that a number of iPhone 4S users are reporting problems with echo on the new iPhone when used with a headset.
This discussion thread on Apple’s support forum with more than 245 replies at the time of writing this post also suggests that the issue is affecting quite a few users.
Apple support forum member Themacguyver complains:
I’m having an issue with my 32 gb iPhone 4s with Rogers. When using the Apple hands free headset with the phone during a call, I get an echo problem. It does not occur immediately. It can very from 30 seconds into a call and as far up to 9 mins in before it begins the annoying echo.
If I unplug the headset it goes away but will return when I plug the headset back in. I have tried 3 brand new iphone 4s headsets with the same problems. So far I have tried rebooting, and also restored phone back to factory original settings as a new phone and still no resolution. I have been told by the other person on the line a screech sound is made then the echo begins.
BGR claims that they’ve been able to replicate the bug on one of their iPhone 4S handsets as well.
Apple hasn’t acknowledged the issue. iOS 5.0.1 that was released couple of days back also didn’t seem to include a fix for it, so we don’t expect Apple to release a fix for the problem anytime soon.
Thankfully according to Themacguyver, there is a temporary fix to get rid of the echo. The temporary fix for the audio echo bug is to turn on speakerphone and then turn it off. He writes:
If the echo happens, press the speakerphone button on & off to get rid of the echo.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 Beta To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w