Terry Cavanaugh’s latest game rejected from App Store for making fun of in-app purchases
Game developer Terry Cavanaugh has released a few really great games over the years — in addition to the popular PC title VVVVVV, he’s also the man behind iOS’ recent (and terribly difficult) hit Super Hexagon. Right now, he’s in the process of trying to release an old experimental game he made called Don’t Look Back (which you can play online in Flash right now) on iOS, but he’s hit a speedbump. Apple rejected the app, unfortunately, though not because of anything in the app itself. Nope — Cavanaugh, in the app’s description, happened to point out that Don’t Look Back didn’t have “in-app purchases or any of that nonsense,” and Apple sent him back a message saying that he should probably “remove or revise” that line.
Cavanaugh has since resubmitted the app, and it’s actually available on the App Store right now (with the jokey line removed from the description). Now, Don’t Look Back is a great, emotional game experience, and it’s good to know this could all be figured out. But should Apple really be judging app developers’ descriptions for content like this? Checking over descriptions for fraudulent information or obscenity seems fine. But should developers be required to watch their tone when criticizing certain money-making features on the App Store? Apple apparently thinks so.
Terry Cavanaugh’s latest game rejected from App Store for making fun of in-app purchases originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 16 Oct 2012 19:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 Beta To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w