OS X Mavericks hits computers this fall and app developers are already preparing for it with broad smiles. Emoji smiles. TextExpander has launched version 4.1.1, bringing emojis and other new features to the popular typing shortcut application. Of course for people planning on updating to Mavericks, the most important addition is compatibility with OS X 10.9.
For those of you who require a little more than increased compatibility and winning smiles to get excited about an update, the following features have also been added:
- Expands properly in Fantastical 1.3.8 and later
- Offers to convert existing snippets when changing default snippet type
- Improves performance with snippets containing multiple embedded images
- Makes Suggest Matching Abbreviation more forgiving of spaces before and while narrowing the search
- Allows capitalization correction in specific types of applications, such as Mellel
- Includes paragraph style information with HTML data for snippets which contain line breaks
- Expands properly when using a Romaji input method with Dvorak key layout
- Many other fixes and improvements
Version 4.1.1 is available now. TextExpander is $34.95 for an individual license, $44.95 for a family license (up to five computers in a home), and $99 for an office pack (up to five computers in an office). Site licenses are available for businesses with a single physical address or fewer than 1,000 employees.
TextExpander gets all emoji-nal and preps for Mavericks originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 25 Sep 2013 21:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.