ThinkGeek announces 8-bitty wireless controller for iPad, iPhone
It looks like ThinkGeek and Ion Audio were holding out on us when we visited the companies’ booth at CES earlier this year.
In addition to the three new devices already announced for the iCade lineup (that allows you to use various controls for iOS games across Bluetooth), there’s now another one, strangely called the 8-bitty. The 8-bitty is an NES-style (though four buttons, instead of only two) block controller that’s completely wireless: Just pair it up with your iOS device and have at it.
It’s hardly ergonomical, but that’s not really the point with this, obviously. There are also two buttons at the top to use as triggers, so this is really an old school controller designed for new-school use. And just like all of Ion and ThinkGeek’s other iCade stuff, this will be compatible with any games designed to use it — all it does is acts as a Bluetooth keyboard, so any games designed to use certain keys to do certain things will be able to use this.
Seems like a good idea, and given iCade’s success in the past, this one will probably sell just as well. It’s supposed to be available “later on this year,” and ThinkGeek has listed the 8-bitty at $24.99, so we’ll keep a look out and let you know when you can grab one.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1