In this week’s top stories, attention turned from the iPhone SE and iPad Pro 9.7 to what’s coming next from Apple, as stories surrounding the iPhone 7 and the future of Apple’s MacBook lineup rounded out the most shared articles of the week. But not far behind was Zac’s review of the iPhone SE followed by analysis of the new iPad Pro’s 9.7-inch display showing record mobile display performance and possible hints at what’s to come from iPhone 7 this fall.
As always, we have the easy links to those stories and the rest of this week’s most shared news and videos below:
We start things off with our comprehensive roundup on what to expect from iPhone 7, Zac’s review of the iPhone SE, Facebook’s F8 announcements, and other iPhone news that made it into the top stories this week.
We also launched a hub for our Feature Request series that offers one place to catch up on all of the latest installments.
- iPhone 7: Everything we know about Apple’s next flagship
- Review: iPhone SE is just a (really nice) phone for a great price (w/ a few oddities)
- Here’s everything Facebook announced at F8 that’s coming soon to your iPhone
- Feature Request: iOS 10, Siri for Mac, Apple Watch 2 upgrade program, Apple Music…
- Company which accessed San Bernardino iPhone 5c ‘optimistic’ it can also access iPhone 6
- Report: Nothing significant has been found on the San Bernardino iPhone yet
- Apple’s recycling program recovered 89 million pounds of materials – including $40M of gold
Next we move on to iPad with expert analysis of the new iPad Pro 9.7-inch display showing record display performance above all other mobile screens and giving us hints at screen upgrade possibilities for iPhone 7. We also got a look at a one-of-a-kind Jony Ive designed iPad Pro and accessories up for auction.
- iPad Pro 9.7 analysis shows record display performance, possible iPhone 7 hints
- Jony Ive designs one-of-a-kind iPad Pro, Smart Cover and Apple Pencil case for auction
- London’s Met Police abandons plan to issue 15-20,000 iPads after spending $13k/iPad on a trial
And the future of Apple’s MacBook line was also a big topic of conversation this week. We compiled a handy guide to Everything we know about Apple’s upcoming laptop updates so far , and a new report offered the latest on an ultra-thin MacBook coming later in 2016, this time claiming the upcoming MacBooks will feature new metal-injection molded hinges. Ben also took a look at how Apple could rationalize both its desktop Mac lineup and MacBooks, and we got yet another hint at the rumored ‘MacOS’ name change.
- 2016 MacBooks: Everything we know about Apple’s upcoming laptop updates
- Opinion: Here’s what I’d do to rationalize Apple’s MacBook lineup
- Report: Ultra-thin MacBooks coming in 2016, featuring new metal-injection molded hinges
- Apple hints at future ‘MacOS’ name change on new environmental webpage
- LG’s 15-inch laptop borrows MacBook Air design, comes in at half the weight of 15-inch MBP
- Opinion: And here’s what I’d do to rationalize Apple’s desktop Mac lineup
- Screens 4 for iOS brings new Curtain mode, improved keyboard support, much more
- Apple pushes first update to Safari Technology Preview
- Airmail lands on iPad with Touch ID support, iOS 9 multitasking, & much more
- Apple’s Calendar should borrow the personal goals feature Google just released
Apple Car |
- Motor Trend teasing speculative piece on Apple Car tomorrow
This week’s top videos |
- How-To: Enable Night Shift and Low Power Mode at the same time on iOS 9.3.1
- Apple shares new fourth-gen Apple TV ad featuring Kobe Bryant
- Latest Apple Watch ads featuring Nick Jonas & others showcase bands, features, more
- How-To: Backup and restore SMS and iMessages on a clean iOS install
- How-To: Quickly switch between audio input and output options on OS X [Video]