This Wi-Fi-Enabled Doorbell Lets You Answer Your Door From Anywhere Using iPhone Companion App [VIDEO]
As technology continues to advance, we’re seeing more and more domestic products taking full advantage. As well as the basics for cooking, cleaning, lighting and such, connectivity like NFC, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are gradually increasing our reliance on gadgets in every corner of our homes. iDoorCam is one such gizmo, bringing you a doorbell with a difference; not only can you use the companion iPhone app to see who’s calling at your door, but you can also answer from anywhere, at any time thanks to iDoorCam’s in-built Wi-Fi.
It’s a fairly novel idea, and to be frank, the days of dragging ourselves up from sleep and pulling the curtain away to check on a visitor should be long gone. Thanks to iDoorCam, this tiresome rigmarole can be no more, and what’s more, you can even have a conversation with the person right from your smartphone.
Of course, this is by no means a new technology, but intercom systems are often expensive to set up and also rather permanent. Once it’s there, you’re probably going to need a specialist to remove it if you no longer need it, but the considerably cheaper iDoorBell – costing just $127 – can be attached in a matter of moments.
Although it’s convenient as well as little bit cool being able to answer using a smartphone and all, one of the things I like most about iDoorBell is the ability to check who’s calling no matter where you are. This means, if you’re away on business a lot, you won’t miss that important parcel, and if you’re a parent, you can readily keep a close eye on who’s at the door when, say, the children are home alone.
A project on Indiegogo, it’s a very smart-looking gadget too, and with a relatively neutral design, shouldn’t look out of place on the frame of any door. With around half of the $100,000 backing goal already raised and 35 days still to go, iDoorBell looks set to reach its target, but if you want to make sure the product makes it to retail (and save yourself a pretty penny on the eventual retail price), be sure to head over to the project’s official Indiegogo.com page and pledge your interest.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1