The ridiculously adorable Tiny Tower/Star Wars spin-off Tiny Death Star recently launched… in Australia only. It’s been two days now and we’ve still not heard word of release elsewhere — and to be honest, we’re tired of waiting. After a bit of poking around we’ve successfully turned our iDevices into temporary Aussies to download the game, and so can you! Here’s how:
- Go to the App Store using your iPhone or iPad
- Scroll to the bottom of the “Featured” page and click your Apple ID
- On the menu that pops up, click “View Your Apple ID”
- A page will appear with all of your information on it. Click “Country/Region” and change it to “Australia”
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Now you’ll see a page with all of your billing information on it. Delete your credit card info (the app is free so you won’t need it, and since we’ll be changing your address to somewhere down under, it won’t work anyway)
- Change your “State” to Queensland (QLD) and your “Postal Code” to 4000, then click “Next”
- You should now be able to search for “Tiny Death Star” and download the app for free
- After downloading, switch your information back to whatever it was previously, including your credit card information
The app should work perfectly and you can even use your US, EU, or other payment information to purchase in-game credits and other goodies. Enjoy!
Tired of waiting? Here’s how to play Star Wars: Tiny Death Star right now! originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.