Below are several of the most effective free apps, app updates and new apps that have landed in the App Store lately.
All app prices are USD and conditional. Some deals could end quickly, so snatch them while you can.
Apps Now Free
Anything After – Movie Credits Stinger App [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $9.99] Ever gone to the movies and wondered, “Is there anything after the credits?” Anything After answers that exact question! Save yourself from missing a bonus scene or waiting for no reason + more.
Vocalarm Pro [iPhone; Now free, down from $3.99] Vocalarm is the first alarm-app in the world to introduce a CUSTOMIZABLE VOCAL ASSISTANT!
LED Soccer [iPhone; Now free, down from $0.99] Game clock’s ticking! You thread your way downfield.Go for the Goal! Beat the computer-controlled defense.
OfficeSuite Professional [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $0.99] OfficeSuite Pro & PDF – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files on your iPhone or iPad!
Weather Now – Forecast and 3D Earth [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $2.99] Imagine that the entire globe is at your fingertips. Never before has getting weather information been as exciting and interactive as it is in the “Weather Now” application.
GoSync [OS X; Now free, down from $4.99] GoSync allows you to synchronize your Google Docs files with a folder in your HDD.
Shoot Alike [OS X; Now free, down from $9.99] Shoot Alike helps you manage and organize your mac free of duplicates.
New and Notable Apps
Sicher [iPhone; Free] IM for individuals and teams who value privacy and want to make sure Their information does not fall into the wrong hands.
Crash Dive [iOS Universal; $6.99] WWII tactical submarine combat on your iPad! Take command of a U-boat prowling the Atlantic in search of enemy convoys to sink.
Updates you don’t want to miss
TapeACall Pro – Record [iPhone; $9.99] TapeACall lets you record your iPhones incoming and outgoing phone calls. Version 3.0 brings the following changes:
- We’ve completely redesigned the app for iOS 7 with a new minimal flat interface that we think you’ll love!
- Quickly jump forward or backwards 15 seconds when playing a recording
- Listen to your recordings at 1.25x, 1.5x, and 2x playback speeds to save time
- Now available in Russia, Thailand, Costa Rica and the Ukraine!
- Now translated to Russian, Thai and Simplified Chinese
GPlayer [iOS Universal; $2.99] You wish you could play any video file on your iPhone/iPad, no matter its format? that’s why we made GPlayer. Version 2.0.01 brings the following changes:
- Four kinds of skins support.
- Add Photo Viewer in app purchase.
- Remove WiFi file download feature, upload still works.(To avoid illegal file sharing)
Reeder 2 [iOS Universal; $4.99] Reeder is a client for Feedbin, Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Fever, and Readability. Version 2.2.1 brings the following changes:
- Added “Sort by unread count” to the subscription sort options (per account setting)
- Fixed Some links (target=_blank) didn’t open in the in-app browser
- Fixed Article viewer showing the wrong article
- Fixed Pinboard login issues when using the API token
- Fixed Crash when importing from OPML
Hop – email at the speed of life [iOS Universal; Free] Hop brings your email to life! It automagically turns your email messages into a natural chat conversation with the people you know. Version 1.2.1 brings the following changes:
- Introducing Hop Groups – Where email becomes collaboration – Revamped Phone Contacts – Redesign – More Notifications Customizations
- Hop Groups – a brilliantly simple way for friends and colleagues to easily communicate and collaborate using email!
- Contacts – Improved local contacts integration and simpler multi select
- Design – we redesigned every pixel, literally 🙂
- Attachments View – view all conversation attachments using the conversation menu or rotate your iPhone to landscape
- Smart Notifications – Now with more sounds so you know if you need to take the phone out of your pocket 🙂
- Photo Picker – Improved with multi photo selection
- Unread View – Improved with an option to mark all as read
- New Trick – Long press the back button in conversation to mark it unread
- New Preferences – Disable message preview in notifications, control what history included in reply for old-school email clients
- Bug fixes and improvement