Here are several of the very best free applications, application updates and new applications that have actually landed in the App Store recently.
All app prices are USD and also conditional. Some bargains may expire swiftly, so get them while you can.
Apps Now Free
WorldMate [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $9.99] WorldMate automatically organizes your trips, sends you flight alerts*, recommends great hotels for booking, and offers a wide array of other incredible travel services.
Numerics – Dashboards to visualize your numbers [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $19.99]Visualize all your vital business statistics, live, in one place.
Instapaper [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $3.99] Instapaper is the simplest way to save and store articles for reading: offline, on-the-go, anytime, anywhere, perfectly formatted.
Observer Pro – Astronomy Planner [iPhone; Now free, down from $9.99] Observer Pro is a groundbreaking app for advanced astronomy planning.
Rain Sounds HQ: Natural raining sounds, thunderstorms, & rainy ambiance to help relax, aid sleep & focus [iPhone; Now free, down from $0.99] Enjoy over 70 authentic live-recorded rain sounds from around the world.
Morse-It [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $0.99] Morse-It is an easy to use application that allows to translate, interpret, type, learn, convert Morse code, and much more.
New and Notable Apps
Down Among the Dead Men [iOS Universal; $0.99] Avast! Take to the high seas in a fully interactive piratical tale of broadsides and buccaneers.
Ninja Raft [iOS Universal; $0.99] Ninjas vs Pirates in a tower defense / dungeon builder. Ninja Raft is an original and fun game that will challenge most players.
Agenda+ | Calendar & Reminder Widget [iPhone; $1.99] Agenda+ is the ultimate calendar and reminder widget with intuitive design.
Leg·end·ar·y [iOS Universal; $1.99] imple and yet complex. Leg-end-dar-y is a grid-based puzzle game based on numbers.
OmniGraffle 2 [iPad; $49.99] Need to create a quick diagram, process chart, page layout, website wireframe, or graphic design?
Updates you don’t want to miss
Storehouse – Visual Storytelling [iOS Universal; Free] Storehouse lets you tell stories with your photos and videos. Version 1.5 brings the following changes:
- Now available for iPhone and iPad
- Support for photo extensions in iOS 8
- Add #hashtags to your stories and search for #hashtags from the community
- Find friends from Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- New Explore section featuring top categories and trending #hashtags
- Republish your favorite stories to your followers
1Password Password Manager [iOS Universal; Free] 1Password creates strong, unique passwords for every site, remembers them all for you, and logs you in with a single tap. Version 5 brings the following changes:
- 1Password 5 for iOS 8 is here with Touch ID, direct Safari integration (finally!), App Extensions for your favorite apps, Wi-Fi Sync with attachments, and so much more! Best of all, it’s a free upgrade for existing v4 customers.
- Unlock 1Password with Touch ID is finally here!
- Safari + 1Password, together at last
- Call forth the power of 1Password’s App Extension to log into your favorite apps
- iCloud now goes to 11
- Free upgrade! Existing 1Password 4 for iOS owners get version 5 and all Pro features for the low, low price of free!
The Wall Street Journal [iOS Universal; Free] The new WSJ app is an immersive digital news experience modeled after the iconic Wall Street Journal newspaper.Version 6.0 brings the following changes:
- New for iOS 8
- Latest News in Notification Center: A WSJ widget displays the top breaking news stories in the Notification Center.
- Interactive Push Notifications: You can now read a breaking news alert story immediately, dismiss the alert, or save the story for later.
- Continuity: Readers can seamlessly switch from one Apple device to another – and continue to read the same story.
- Added Latest News: Direct access to the latest news throughout the day on the front page with a single tap
- Improved Streamlined Navigation: To follow the flow of the newspaper
- Enhanced Multimedia: Live markets data, vibrant photos, image galleries, info graphics and videos
- Optimized Performance: Swipe quickly through pages, with ease, speed and fast loading
Spotify Music [iOS Universal; Free] Spotify is the best way to listen to music on mobile or tablet. Version 1.7.1 brings the following changes:
- New: While you’re viewing an album on iPhone, check out more releases from the artist in one tap.
- New: Now you can enjoy Your Music, Browse and Radio on Ford SYNC AppLink. And see those preset numbers on your dashboard? Use them to store your favourite playlists, albums and artists.