Here are several of the most effective free apps, application updates and new apps that have actually landed in the App Store just recently.
All app rates are USD and also conditional. Some discounts might end promptly, so get them while you can.
Apps Now Free
Amigo Pancho [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $9.99] HEY AMIGOS, are you ready for the incredible adventures?
Word Hack [iPhone; Now free, down from $0.99] Word Hack is a colorful twist to Hangman where speed and accuracy are pivotal to your success.
Bicolor [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $0.99] Bicolor is a beautiful and minimalist puzzle game featuring 240 handmade levels.
Flick The Fish [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $1.99] Swipe your finger to flick the target fish jump out from the sea like a true fishing master.
TEDiSUB – Enjoy TED videos with Subtitles! [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $1.99] Meet world’s leading experts about TED – Technology, Entertainment, Design and share their ideas.
Cut the Buttons [iPhone; Now free, down from $0.99] A snip here, a cut there: avoid the bolts and please beware! Now make a trim, its time to start, make sure to keep your scissors sharp!
Cut the Buttons HD [iPad; Now free, down from $1.99] A snip here, a cut there: avoid the bolts and please beware! Now make a trim, its time to start, make sure to keep your scissors sharp!
Real Cliff Diving [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $0.99] Jump into to the water and get the highest score possible.
New and Notable Apps
MUJO [iOS Universal; $1.99] MUJO is a unique puzzle game with features that cannot be found in any other game.
The Cursed Ship, Collector’s Edition https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cursed-ship-collectors-edition/id898698143?mt=12) [OS X; Free] Head out to sea to reveal the shocking secrets of the Cursed Ship!
Updates you don’t want to miss
Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition [iOS Universal; $9.99] Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer roleplaying games. Version 1.3 brings the following changes:
- Added support for iPhone
- Added “Font Size” to Graphics Options (changing this during play will empty the combat log)
- While viewing a mage’s Spellbook screen, players can now switch to a priest character and the game will immediately switch to the Priest Spells screen (and vice versa)
- Spell scrolls that can be written into a spellbook for the current character now display a green-tinted overlay
- Non-friendly NPCs that are Blinded will no longer stand still; they will wander aimlessly until they are close enough to see someone worth attacking
- Drizzt is now properly equipped with his scimitars, and has been recolored to match his description in the books
- All golems in the game now possess appropriate immunities to Poison, Charm, Hold, Fear, Sleep, and Backstab
- Luck spell no longer erases character’s weapon proficiencies
- Improvements to Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Polish, and Turkish languages
- Hundreds of general gameplay improvements
Acorn 4 [OS X; $29.99] Everyone needs to edit images at some point, but not everyone has the time to learn complicated super pricey image editing programs. Version 4.5.1 brings the following changes:
- Command-J will now duplicate the current layer, even if there’s no selection (previously this would only work if there was a selection).
- The Merge Visible to New Layer command now works if you only have a single layer.
- Assorted fixes