Here are a few of the very best free applications, application updates and brand-new applications that have landed in the App Store recently.
All application rates are USD and conditional. Some bargains might end quickly, so get them while you can.
Apps Now Free
Line Runner 2 [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $0.99] Line Runner 2 – the sequel to the mega smash hit Line Runner with more than 25 million players now available!
Empire Run – A Planet H game from HISTORY [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $1.99] Run through centuries of history in this fast paced, side-scrolling adventure!
Doug dug. [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $1.99] Doug is a Dwarf. Doug loves digging. Well, actually he doesn’t: what he likes is to find buried treasure.
Space Qube [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $2.99] Space Qube is a ‘shoot em up’ game with retro-futuristic 3D graphics!
Calista – Best way to Design your Photo [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $2.99] Express your sensitivity and inspiration in your photo.
PDF Scanner – easily scan books and multipage documents to PDF [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $2.99] Use your device as a handy portable scanner.
GIF Maker Tool [OS X; Now free, down from $3.99] GIF Maker Tool is a very useful tool you convert video to GIF file.
Just a Timer [OS X; Now free, down from $0.99] Simple countdown timer.
Pixel Perfect [OS X; Now free, down from $4.99] Compare UI mockup and developed result so easy as never before!
Heroes VS. The Monster: Battle in Autumn [OS X; Now free, down from $4.99] The battle between heroes and the vicious monster begins!
PhotoSweeper Lite: Remove duplicate photos in iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom [OS X; Now free, down from $4.99] PhotoSweeper Lite (a lightweight version of PhotoSweeper) helps you to get rid of duplicate photos.
New and Notable Apps
Sneaky Sneaky [iOS Universal; $2.99] Sneak through the shadows, dash to cover, pick your moment and strike!
PDF Office – Create, Edit and Annotate PDF Documents [iPad; Free] PDF Office is the most powerful application to create and edit PDF documents on your iPad.
Updates you don’t want to miss
Knock – unlock your Mac without a password using your iPhone [iPhone; $3.99] You keep your iPhone with you all the time. Now you can use it as a password. Version 1.2 brings the following changes:
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus compatibility
- You can now lock your Mac with Knock. Just tap on your computer in the app, and it locks!
- Fixed a bug that could cause Knock to crash and become unresponsive
- Knock is now better at detecting knocks when it is lying flat
- Fixed a bug that could cause Knock to never get beyond the Bluetooth permission screen on iOS 8
- Reliability improvements
LastPass for Premium Customers iOS Universal; Free] LastPass is an award-winning password manager that saves your passwords and gives you secure access to them from every computer and mobile device. Version 3.1.4 brings the following changes:
- Changed the Auto Logout and lock screen settings for clarity. They no longer allow conflicting time values.
- Added the Logout on Close setting to log out of LastPass when the app is terminated from the task switcher.
- Fixed a bug that could be used to get around the in-app lock screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong choices to be selected in the vault selection list on iOS 5 and 6.