Below are some of the most effective free apps, application updates and new apps that have actually landed in the App Store lately.
All app costs are USD as well as conditional. Some bargains could expire swiftly, so snatch them while you can.
Apps Now Free
Van Gogh [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $0.99] This app is an interactive virtual gallery dedicated to the great Post-Impressionist artist Vincent van Gogh.
har-mo-ny [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $0.99] ar-mo-ny the addictive puzzler is pleasing to the eye, music to the ears and challenging to the brain!
abc Notes – ToDo, Checklist & Sticky Note Application [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $2.99] abcNotes was designed to become your stylish and highly customizable, functional and easy to use assistant in taking notes and managing To Do lists.
Colourfill [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $0.99] Slick geometry game for the iPhone. A modern take on the classic Qix arcade game.
SplashShopper [OS X; Now free, down from $9.99] SplashShopper, the ultimate smart list manager that you can take with you.
Solitaire (Klondike) [OS X; Now free, down from $1.99] Solitaire (Klondike) is the most popular solitaire card game in the world.
New and Notable Apps
Yardmaster: Rule the Rails! [iOS Universal; $3.99] The cargo is rolling into the yard and it’s up to you to organize and manage it.
GREG – A Mathematical Puzzle Game [iPhone; $0.99] Challenge yourself and play GREG, a simple mathematical game that will enhance your mental flexibility.
Sev Zero: Air Support [iPhone; Free] Sev Zero: Air Support is a companion tablet app for Sev Zero, the Amazon Fire TV game. It enables a second player to join the game. This app cannot be played on its own.
The Met – The Official App of The Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC [iOS Universal; Free] The easiest way to see what’s happening at the Met every day – wherever you are.
Iconic – Guess The Name Quiz From Picture Icons [iPhone; Free] Iconic challenges you to translate icons into words. Test your knowledge of visual language and pop culture in a ridiculously fun trivia game!
Updates you don’t want to miss
eBay [iPhone; Free] The eBay app on your iPhone is an all-access pass to the world’s largest marketplace.Version 3.4 brings the following changes:
- Find the perfect item faster with larger photos, product reviews and improved search results
- Stay on top of your eBay buying and selling with in-app notifications
- Take advantage of bonus offers from eBay sellers
- Donate a percentage of your sales to your favorite charity
- Check a buyer’s location when reviewing a Best Offer
- Ability to send a payment reminder
- eBay Now – local products from local stores delivered to you in 1-2 hours (available in select locations)
- Accessibility enhancements
PDFpen Scan+ with OCR, PDF text export [iOS Universal; $0.99 sale price] With PDFpen Scan+, use your iPhone or iPad to scan and OCR multi-page documents to create searchable PDFs. Version 1.4 brings the following changes:
- Auto-export new scans to Dropbox or PDFpen’s iCloud storage for sharing with PDFpen on iOS or Mac
- Last folder used for import or export will be remembered
- Optional prompt for renaming documents including current date
- Export selected pages at once
- Export multiple documents at once
Condense [OS X; $1.99] Typing out has come to an end. Say ‚Hello’ to Condense. Your easy to use optical character recognition (OCR) application. Version 1.5 brings the following changes:
- More than 85% of Condense have been rewritten with major focus on performance. Performance increase between 5-12x(!) and RAM consumption reduced by factor 8-10
- Support for more than 2 monitors. (Sorry for the delay, I had to buy a new monitor to fix it)
- Beautiful responsive User Interface
- New Icon
- [New Feature]: Angle Correction
- [New Feature]: Save your edited scans to the archive
- [New Feature]: Archive is accessible from the TabBar Menu
- [New Feature]: Trained Condense to find usual OCR mistakes and to automatically correct them
- [New Feature]: QuickFix – A new innovative way to correct your scans. Because everybody hates autocorrect.
- [New Feature]: Preview Window – Don’t paste blindly anymore. Check your text and run a rescan with increased contrast or QuickFix right from the preview.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to use shortcuts in the textviews (Thanks to Jan)
- Added picture compression. It will perform much smoother and needs way, way less ram & diskspace.
- Extra performance increase on Retina machines
- Removed a debugging hotkey (Thanks to Christopher)
- Minor bugfixes & improvements