Here are several of the most effective free apps, app updates as well as new applications that have landed in the App Store lately.
All app prices are USD as well as subject to alter. Some deals might expire swiftly, so get them while you can.
Apps Now Free
THE RHYTHM OF FIGHTERS [iPhone; Now free, down from $0.99] THE RHYTHM OF FIGHTERS” features tons of fan-favorite tracks from many SNK’s traditional game series such as “THE KING OF FIGHTERS”, “FATAL FURY”, “SAMURAI SHODOWN”, “ART OF FIGHTING”, and “METAL SLUG”, but also special arrangements of classics especially made for this game by their original composers.
Slingshot Puzzle [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $4.99] Fire the amazing slingshot mechanism and release the ball, with the hopes of it ending up in the difficult ending zone! Let the puzzle solving begin!
This Is Not a Test: A Survival RPG Comic [iPhone; Now free, down from $1.99] This Is Not a Test is an interactive post-apocalyptic comic book that challenges you to survive the end of the world as we know it.
Full [iPhone; Now free, down from $0.99] Full is an app that helps you track, measure, and visualize what’s important to you.
Red Crow Mysteries: Legion (Full) [OS X; Now free, down from $6.99] Save mankind from a terrifying fate in this heart-pounding adventure!
Red Crow Mysteries: Legion (Full) [iPhone; Now free, down from $4.99] Save mankind from a terrifying fate in this heart-pounding adventure!
Red Crow Mysteries: Legion HD (Full) [iPad; Now free, down from $6.99] Save mankind from a terrifying fate in this heart-pounding adventure!
National Gallery, London HD [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $1.99] Always dreamt to visit London, see Big Ben and walk round London National Gallery? We don’t know about the first two things, but the last one is quite easy to make true.
Danny Quest [OS X; Now free, down from $1.99] Explore a world filled with many dangers, puzzles and full of sequence.
New and Notable Apps
Marking Text – Syntax, Write & Edit [OS X; $5.99] Marking Text is a markdown text editor with productivity features for users who love plain text.
Disk App – Clean & Create Free Space on your Drive [OS X; $0.99] Clean & create gigabytes of unneeded and unwanted files on your drive in a few clicks.
Updates you don’t want to miss
picTrove 2 pro – Search Google, Bing, Flickr, 500px and Twitter for the best photos [iOS Universal; $4.99] Browse beautiful photos from multiple Internet services arranged side-by-side for maximum efficiency. Version 2.1 brings the following changes:
- New:’Use small sizes’ setting for Thumbnails shows double the number of thumbnails in both single and multi-service search mode.
- New:Improved thumbnail sizing to reduce chances of over-cropped thumbs
- Fixes: Critical fix for passcode usage, which would show empty screen after successful passcode entry (when app was killed and restarted)
- Fixes: Some photos from Google Images would not load in the full photo view
- Fixes: A message box is now shown when ‘Login to twitter’ is pressed and there are no twitter accounts present on the device
- Fixes: Status bar would show wrong time during launch of picTrove
Sky Gamblers – Storm Raiders [OS X; $4.99] THIS IS THE ULTIMATE WWII AIR COMBAT GAME! Version 1.4.0 brings the following changes:
- New plane: P-47 Thunderbolt
- New plane class: Ace
- Plane tuning and balancing
- Movie recording via Everyplay
- Bug fixes
Clear – Tasks, Reminders & To-Do Lists [OS X; $9.99] Clear is the revolutionary to-do and reminders app that makes you more productive. Version 1.1.3 brings the following changes:
- Your feedback on the latest update has been amazing – thanks for your support: we appreciate all your emails, tweets and reviews!
- This update is simply a house-keeping one to ensure Clear launches on newer versions of OS X.
- As always, thanks for using Clear – if there’s anything we can do make Clear better, visit the “Support” link on the App Store page. We’ll be back with another update soon – but in the meantime, we hope you enjoy the most recent updates to Clear and consider leaving a review in the Mac App Store.