Unlock your contract-free AT&T iPhone 5: just restore in iTunes
AT&T customers who bought their iPhone 5 off-contract can easily unlock their phone to work on another carrier, says a report in TechCrunch. Instead of faxing paperwork to AT&T and waiting for authorization, customers without a contract can simply connect their iPhone 5 to iTunes and restore it to unlock the device. After the restore process is complete, customers will be greeted with a message saying, “Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked.”
TechCrunch reached out to AT&T, which confirmed that a restore will unlock the iPhone 5 for customers who are not under a contract. Writer Romain Dillet tested it with his device and was able to get a signal on T-Mobile after he inserted a microSIM that was trimmed to fit into the iPhone 5. Other users on AT&T’s support forum also report success with this procedure.
Unlock your contract-free AT&T iPhone 5: just restore in iTunes originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w