Vine surpasses 40 million users
Vine on Wednesday put out a tweet noting that its video sharing app now boasts over 40 million users, which is an impressive accomplishment considering that the app is just eight months old. Even more impressive is that Vine, once it became available on Android in June of this year, grew from 13 million users to now over 40 million. Recall that Vine, from January through June, was only available for iOS users.
Not everyone, though, is blown away. It is important to ascertain what percentage of an app’s total user base are actually using it.
Vine also didn’t reveal how many of those 40 million users are active, which is a key metric pretty much every app uses to tout its success. Tens of millions of people have signed up, which is great, but how many of those people regularly post Vines? That’s the number we want to know.
I don’t think it matters much how many people are regularly posting Vines. I mean, there are clearly no shortage of users willing to post 6-second video snippets up on the site. A more telling metric would be how many people actually use the app on a daily and monthly basis, either as contributors or passive viewers.
Hopefully Vine, which is owned by Twitter, will be more forthcoming about these details going forward. In the meantime, there’s no denying that Vine is flying high.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1