Withings intros Smart Activity Tracker, new Smart Body Analyzer
Withings, the company that created the Withings Wi-Fi Body Scale, a Blood Pressure Monitor, and the Health Mate iOS application to tie this all together, announced the new Smart Activity Tracker and the new Smart Body Analyzer WS-50 scale today.
The two new products are part of a growing ecosystem of connected health monitoring devices from WIthings. The Smart Activity Tracker is the first of its type to add pulse measurement to the commonly tracked items such as steps taken, distances covered, calories burned, and quality of sleep. The device syncs via Bluetooth Smart to the Health Mate app.
The device is tiny and weighs only 8 grams. The front of the device is touch-sensitive to allow users to navigate between functions, while the back houses a heart rate sensor. The Smart Activity Tracker is expected to have a two-week battery life and uses a micro-USB port for charging.
The other new product is the Withings Smart Body Analyzer, which is a smart scale that monitors health and your local environment through heart rate measurement and air quality monitoring.
Like the original Wi-Fi Body Scale, the Smart Body Analyzer captures weight and body fat data and sends it to the Withings Health Mate app. In addition, stepping on the scale will now provide a heart rate reading. There are also temperature and CO2 monitors onboard, providing the air quality of the area surrounding the Smart Body Analyzer.
There’s no price or shipping date listed the Smart Activity Tracker, but the Smart Body Analyzer is expected to launch this quarter for $149.95.
Withings intros Smart Activity Tracker, new Smart Body Analyzer originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Sun, 06 Jan 2013 18:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1