Yves Saint Laurent CEO Paul Deneve hired by Apple to work on ‘special projects’
Apple has hired Paul Deneve, the CEO of haute couture fashion house Yves Saint Laurent. The news was first reported by Bloomberg and confirmed by AllThingsD. Deneve was actually a sales and marketing manager at Apple Europe from 1990 to 1997, so this will mark his second stint with the company. After he left Apple in the late 90s, Deneve was also the CEO of Lanvin and Nina Ricci before joining Yves St Laurent.
When the news broke that Deneve was returning to Apple, many assumed his role would be overseeing Apple’s retail store operations. However, Apple then released a statement saying, “We’re thrilled to welcome Paul Deneve to Apple. He’ll be working on special projects as a vice president reporting directly to Tim Cook.”
So what could the role be for a new VP at Apple who is working on “special projects” and reporting directly to Tim Cook? Given his fashion and luxury goods background, immediate speculation suggests Deneve maybe working on the fabled iWatch, or perhaps other wearable tech.
Yves Saint Laurent CEO Paul Deneve hired by Apple to work on ‘special projects’ originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 03 Jul 2013 08:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1