Z2Live picks up former AAA execs, rebrands as Z2
Z2Live is the company behind some really big freemium hits on the iOS App Store, including Battle Nations and Trade Nations. The company has today announced that it’s rebranding itself as Z2, instead, dropping the “Live” and premiering a new brand identity on its new website.
In addition to the rebranding, Z2 is also announcing a number of additions to its executive team, including some developers formerly from some very large gaming companies. Glen Pryer is joining the company as VP of Operations, and he’s a former director of global planning at Blizzard Entertainment and former VP of 38 Studios. Adam Flanders is a new Senior VP of Sales and Marketing, who previously worked with both Glu Mobile and THQ. And Shanis Windland is the new Senior Director of Finance, and formerly worked with Big Fish Games. Those are definitely some notable pickups, and they show that Z2 is doing fairly well at pulling in talent with the few titles it has running so far.
The company was originally put together to create a multiplayer community on Apple’s iOS platform (similar to OpenFeint and a few other networks that were floating around back then), but since the inception of Trade Nations, it’s put together a solid reputation as a studio building popular freemium MMO-style titles. It’ll be interesting to see what Z2 has coming up next, given this new spin on the brand, and all of the growth it’s experienced lately.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w