We’ve heard recently that the new 16-inch MacBook Pro is suffering from weird popping sounds coming from its speakers. Not all units appear to be impacted, but plenty are. And now Apple has confirmed that there’s an issue in the works, at least it has to its own people.
In an internal support document, Apple says that it is investigating the issue and that a fix is “planned in future software updates.” That’s good news, because it means that this isn’t a hardware issue but rather something that can be fixed via software.
As a result, Apple says that support teams shouldn’t replace impacted notebooks.
If a customer hears a popping sound when playback is stopped on their MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
When using Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, QuickTime Player, Music, Movies, or other applications to play audio, users may hear a pop come from the speakers after playback has ended. Apple is investigating the issue. A fix is planned in future software updates. Do not set up service, or replace the user’s computer, as this is a software-related issue.
There’s been no indication when that software fix will be forthcoming, however. Hopefully, it won’t be too long before it arrives, but with the holidays just around the corner, it’s possible we’ll be waiting into 2020 before it makes an appearance.
For now, just enjoy that large display and blazing fast speed. And maybe don’t play any music through the internal speakers for a while.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.2.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Download Checkra1n iOS 13.2.3 Jailbreak IPA On Mac [0.9.6 beta]
- Download: iOS 13.3 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update File Along With iPadOS 13.3 Beta 4 Out Now
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Fix Cydia Crashing On Checkra1n iOS 13 Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Gold iPhone 11 Pro Max: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, More
- Red iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Yellow iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Purple iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi USB Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Green iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi USB Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Midnight Green iPhone 11 Pro Max: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, More
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak