Samsung is expected to announce the Galaxy S9 in early 2018 and following on from its well received Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+, there are big expectations for what the new flagship will offer. Samsung’s flagships are normally the most powerful Android phones around, and with the next iteration expected to boast a combination of Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 845 chipset and Samsung’s new Exynos chipset built on second-generation 10nm process technology, power should not be in short supply.
Now it would appear that one of the new phones has popped up on Geekbench, but it is not all good news.
Following the appearance of a Samsung device with the SM-G960F designation in Geekbench’s results, it is now strongly rumored that the unannounced Samsung flagship is being tested. That model number is believed to be the Galaxy S9’s global version, suggesting we have been treated to a sneak peek of what we can expect. The problem is, even though it has not yet been released it would appear that the 2018 Galaxy S9 will benchmark significantly slower than the 2017 iPhone X powered by Apple’s A11 Bionic chip.
According to the Geekbench results, the global Galaxy S9 scored 2680 on the single-core Geekbench 4 test and 7787 on the multi-core test. Those numbers put it among the most powerful Android devices tested, but with scores of 4197 for single-core and 10051 for multi-core tests, the iPhone X still has it beat easily. In fact, the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus score even more impressive results thanks to their lower resolution display.
2018 Galaxy S9 benchmarks:
2017 iPhone X benchmarks:
Of course, it is important to remember that none of this really means anything yet, and with the Galaxy S9 still months away from release, these scores could easily improve with the software optimization that is no doubt still ongoing. Benchmarks are not always a great indicator of real world performance, either, but on paper at least, the iPhone X is going to take some beating!
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.1.2 Changelog, Release Notes, Security Content Released
- GBA4iOS 2.1.1 IPA Download For iOS 11 Adds Fix For Dropbox Sync Issue
- Colossus Kodi Repo, Ares Wizard, More Are Down At The Moment, Here’s Why
- Download iOS 11.1.2 IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1.2, 11.1.1 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 / 11.1.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]