Apple might only have just released its iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max, but that isn’t stopping anyone from turning their attention to 2020’s iPhones.
Now, according to a Ming-Chi Kuo research note obtained by MacRumors, we might be able to expect a whole new frame structure next year.
In the note Kuo says that the flagship iPhone’s design will change “significantly” in 2020. He goes on to say that a new metal frame will be used, with “a more complex segmentation design, new trenching and injection molding procedures, and sapphire or glass cover assembly to protect the trench injection molding structure.” In fact, that design is likely to be more similar to the iPhone 4’s than anything shipping today.
We predict that the new 2H20 iPhone design will change significantly…The metal frame and the front and rear 2/2.5D glass are still used, but the metal frame surface will be changed to a similar design to the iPhone 4, replacing the current surface design.
If that did happen we would be very happy indeed. It would also mean that Apple will be standardizing the design of its products, with the iPhone following the iPad Pro’s lead. However, the bad news is that Kuo believes the manufacturing methods required by the new design will see costs rise considerably. The frame and glass used will see anything up to a 50% cost increase, according to the report.
We’re still in the very early days of iPhone 12 rumors, but we’d expect them to start ramping up after Christmas. For now, can we just enjoy the phones we’ve owned for less than a week?
You may also like to check out:
- Downgrade iOS 13.1 Final To 12.4.1 / 13.0, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- How To Fix iOS 13 Problems, Crashing Apps Issue And Other Bugs
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple
- Download: iPadOS 13.1 Final IPSW Link, OTA Update For iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini And More Released
- Download iOS 13.1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS, Max, XR, X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, SE, iPod [Tutorial]