We can’t have a new iPhone rumor season kick into high gear without DigTimes getting in on the act. The notoriously hit and miss news outlet has already been in headlines this month but its latest claim will be of interest to fans of ProMotion, because it claims that the feature is coming to the iPhone next year.
The iPhone 11 is only a few weeks old but attention is already turning to what the iPhone 11 could have to offer. That, according to DigiTimes, is 120Hz ProMotion displays. Similar to how the iPad Pro models have the same feature, this would allow for buttery smooth motion when the feature is running.
Current iPhones are limited to 60Hz, which while still fluid enough for most people, is starting to show its age. Many high-end Android phones, including the new Pixel 4, are now offering higher refresh rates. If Apple doesn’t go a similar route with the iPhone 12, we’d be surprised, especially given the fact it already has a history of ProMotion displays.
Apple often isn’t the first to market with a feature, but it does usually have a new twist on it. By offering a 120Hz display, Apple would leapfrog the 90Hz that Android phones are generally offering right now. If you’re someone who is skipping the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro because of the lack of ProMotion, next year likely can’t come soon enough.
Assuming this rumor is correct, of course. And as we all know there’s no guarantee that it is.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Final Released For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 13.2 Final Release Notes, Changes, New Features: Everything You Need To Know
- Downgrade iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 To iOS 13.1.3, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.1.3 Update: Security Content Fixes, Patches Detailed By Apple
- Checkra1n iOS 13.1.2 Jailbreak Based On checkm8 Exploit ‘Announced’
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]