Here are 30+ hidden macOS 10.13 High Sierra features that Apple didn’t tell you about when announcing the new Mac operating system.
Apple did an extremely good job of introducing macOS 10.13 High Sierra during Monday’s opening WWDC keynote, but, like most years, the company’s executive team simply didn’t have time to cover all of the new features and refinements in the platform.
We are well and truly in the middle of that time period where developers interrogate Apple’s engineers in San Jose about everything new in Xcode and the iOS SDK. However, those type of things don’t really appeal to end consumers who will be interacting with Apple’s Mac hardware and underlying macOS High Sierra software. They care about features, improvements, and changes which will ultimately improve their experience.
Apple may not have deemed a lot of the new refinements in macOS High Sierra as noteworthy during the keynote presentation, but we think every single aspect of that platform is important.
What Apple deems to be a rockstar improvement may not have any impact whatsoever on most users. Those users may care about the smaller, understated improvements, and we care about those too. Which is why you can find a list below of all of the improvements to be found within macOS High Sierra which weren’t discussed on Monday.
- Compressed Mail storage
- Live Photo loops
- Mail search Top Hits
- Spotlight flight status
- Live Photo editing
- Photos Selective Color tool
- Photos selection counter
- Content caching
- Mail full-screen Split View
- Notes search suggestions
- Photos persistent sidebar
- New Siri voice
- Safari per-website settings
- Messages in iCloud
- Photos animated GIF support
- SF Arabic system font
- Safari Intelligent Tracking Prevention
- iCloud family storage plans
- Notes with tables
- Quick family setup
- Photos external editor
- Safari always-on Reader
- iCloud file sharing
- Pinned Notes
- Siri Personal DJ
- Photos project extensions
- Bilingual English/Japanese inputs
- Spotlight multiple Wikipedia answers
- Safari autoplay blocking
- New Photos Memories types
- Photos Curves tool
- FaceTime Live Photo capture
- Photos filter any container
- Hindi system language
- Improved Japanese video captioning
- Improved Family sharing
- Photos Import history
So, as you can see, macOS High Sierra is as much about the features and improvements that weren’t discussed as it is the features that were deemed noteworthy for WWDC. There’s a lot to enjoy here for sure.
- 100+ Hidden / Secret iOS 11 Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- iOS 11 Beta 1 Vs iOS 10.3.2 Benchmarks, Speed, Performance Comparison
- iOS 11 Beta Vs iOS 10 Visual Differences Comparison [Screenshots]
- iOS 11 Dark Mode: Enable Smart Invert Feature On iPhone, Here’s How
- How To Use iOS 11 Screen Recording Feature On iPhone Or iPad
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Right Now
- Download iOS 11 Beta OTA Configuration Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [How-To Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.