Apple’s newly released MacBook Air with M1 chip is causing quite a stir online of late and with very good reason. The machine sells for $999 to most people but just $899 if you’re part of the educational system, but a new, lower spec $799 option might also be in the cards after one was spotted online.
A new 128GB M1 MacBook Air was spied by someone on Reddit after they took a look at the “U.S. Education Institution – Hardware and Software Price List” and the here. There was also the option to buy in bulk, too.
Beyond the smaller 128GB SSD, the machine appears to be the same as the base MacBook Air that we all know about right now. There’s no suggestion that the same MacBook Air would be made available to the public, however, with Apple often selling special versions of its machines that are only available via its education store.
Apple sold the plastic MacBook long after it was removed from its normal, public Apple Store for example.
If the unannounced MacBook Air does get a public launch it’s likely that it will sell for $899 based on the usual $100 discount that the educational store offers.
Apple’s M1 MacBook Air is proving hugely popular at its current configuration level and price – is it likely Apple sees a need for a cheaper version?
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak