With the Trump administration wanting to ban US companies from doing business with WeChat and some other Chinese apps, many people are wondering where that would leave people with iPhones.
Android users can sideload apps when they need to, but that isn’t the case with the iPhone.
In a new report, a massive 95% of Chinese iPhone users say they would leave the platform in favor or WeChat.
While it’s currently unknown whether a ban would impact the Chinese App Store or just the one in the United States, the loss of WeChat in China could be catastrophic for Apple. According to The Wall Street Journal, Apple isn’t the only one concerned – more than a dozen companies have voiced their concerns with the White House.
“For those who don’t live in China, they don’t understand how vast the implications are if American companies aren’t allowed to use it,” said Craig Allen, president of the U.S.-China Business Council. “They are going to be held at a severe disadvantage to every competitor,” he added.
The 95% number was noted by Bloomberg who also pointed out that 1.2 million people responded to the survey via Weibo. 95% of those people is a whole lot, especially in a country that is considered to be vital to Apple.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 5 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect From Apple
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 4 IPSW Links, iPadOS 14 Beta 4 Released
- iOS 14 Beta 4 OTA Profile File Download Released Without Dev Account, Here’s How To Get It
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Video Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.6.1 To iOS 13.6, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.6.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.6.1
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak