This week Benjamin and Zac discuss the latest MacBook update rumors, The Information’s report on Siri’s history and why Apple has struggled to scale it, a surprise Apple education event announcement mid-episode, Apple’s Texture acquisition and Eddy Cue’s appearance at SXSW, and Apple unveiling dates for WWDC 2018.
9to5Mac Happy Hour is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play Music, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Sponsored by CaseCo: Win an Apple HomePod + $500 gift cards from Caseco & 9to5Mac [Giveaway] + Get 30% off Caseco cases & accessories with promo code “9to5Mac30off” (Expires 3/31)
- Benjamin Mayo
- Zac Hall
- New lower-cost 13-inch Retina MacBook reported to debut in June, iPad refresh coming
- Report: Siri team didn’t learn about HomePod until 2015, after Amazon Echo debuted
- Apple announces creative education event on March 27
- Apple buying digital magazine service Texture, likely boost to subscription services revenue
- Eddy Cue talks Texture acquisition, great storytelling, and Rihanna in SXSW interview
- Apple opens WWDC 2018 registration: June 4-8 in San Jose
Drop us a line at email@example.com. You can also rate us in Apple Podcasts or recommend us in Overcast to help more people discover the show!