Tesla is putting a ton of resources into making its cars more capable when they’re driving themselves, but a future update looks set to add a feature that’s designed for when the car isn’t moving at all.
No, it isn’t another game – this time, it looks like it could be something that’s actually useful.
According to a new report, Tesla is getting ready to add a feature that will allow users to remotely view what their car’s cameras are able to see.
Sentry mode is something that already exists, but users can only see what the car sees via an external storage device and a computer. That’s potentially going to change. In the future, Sentry Mode could be part of the Tesla app on your phone.
Typically, to view the footage recorded by Sentry Mode or TeslaCam required the owners to an external storage device and then view the footage on a computer. A hacker known as “green” discovered inside an older software update that Tesla appears to be working on a remote livestream feature. The feature would apparently allow owners to view live footage using the Tesla app.
it looks like there’s going to be a livestreaming of car videos to the phone app.
— green (@greentheonly) November 28, 2020
That would undoubtedly be a popular feature and one that CEO Elon Musk would likely tweet up a storm about. As ever, the future could be bright if you’re a Tesla owner although it’s likely it might involve buying a new car – we wouldn’t put it past Tesla to make this some sort of paid upgrade at the very least.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak