Adobe is a name closely related to drawing and painting apps and while we already know that a full-on Photoshop is coming to the iPad, we now also know a little more about Project Gemini.
For starters, it’s now going by the name Adobe Fresco and it’s going to be huge for those who like to draw and paint on an iPad.
Just like the rest of Adobe’s big creative suite of apps, Fresco will tie in with Creative Cloud and apps like Photoshop and Illustrator. You’ll be able to draw, paint, and manipulate oil and watercolor brushes as paint blends with other paint already on the page. It’s the closest thing to real paint we’ve seen and by all accounts it’s amazing to see in action.
Adobe has started to move away from offering watered down versions of its apps on iPad and towards providing real and powerful tools instead. Early testers who got to spent some time with the new Fresco app and from what we’re hearing it’s a pretty amazing time to be had. We’re not artistic in the slightest, but this app definitely makes us wish we were.
The app is going to be iPad-only initially and will work on iOS 12.4 and newer. You’ll need a fairly recent iPad for it to function, too. The iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad (5th and 6th generation) or iPad mini (5th generation) are all good to go, while versions of Fresco for other tablet devices like the Microsoft Surface will come in due course.
Adobe Fresco isn’t ready just yet, but when it is it’s sure to be the tool to use if you’re into digital art. For now, you can sign up for early preview here.
You may also like to check out:
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- iOS 13 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Developer Account On Your iPhone Or iPad
- Download iOS 13 Beta 6 IPSW Links And OTA Profile Update
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]