Apple has announced that there is a new service program running for AirPods Pro, allowing people to have their earbuds repaired or replaced if they suffer from issues like crackling audio or poor active noise cancellation (ANC).
People have been complaining about both problems, and more, for a number of months now and many have been able to get replacement earbuds without too much trouble. But Apple has now made the program official.
Apple outlines two specific behaviors that the new program applies to.
- Crackling or static sounds that increase in loud environments, with exercise or while talking on the phone
- Active Noise Cancellation not working as expected, such as a loss of bass sound, or an increase in background sounds, such as street or airplane noise
Anyone who wants to take advantage of this program will need to have their AirPods Pro examined by an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Unfortunately, so far at least, there’s no sign of anyway to have your earbuds replaced via remote support. Which is less than idea in the middle of a worldwide pandemic.
There’s good news though – Apple is now covering AirPods Pro for two years following their first retail sale.
The program covers affected AirPods Pro for 2 years after the first retail sale of the unit.
That’s good news considering these issues don’t present themselves immediately.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 GM IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 14.2 GM Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak