Keeping up Crayons today announced Alfred Remote, an iOS application that turns an iPhone or iPad right into a remote control for different activities on a customer’s Mac, from regulating a screensaver to launching apps (via The Edge).
Made with parity of the Alfred application on the Mac App Store in mind, Alfred for iOS additionally enables users to expand right into systemwide communications with their computer. Users with a Powerpack addition to their Alfred 2 encounter, which costs concerning $$ 25, could after that make use of the Remote to manage Powerpack-exclusive features by means of iOS.
These consist of iTunes playback, copying and pasting from iOS to OS X, running user-defined manuscripts, AppleScripts, and terminal commands, and developing and controlling personalized Process for boosted productivity. Regular features like opening web sites and establishing a screensaver are available to all users.
With a single touch on your iOS device, you could control many Alfred 2 actions on your Mac, consisting of:
– Program Alfred 2 on your Mac
– System Commands: Lock, reboot, shut down, log out or sleep your Mac, eject all devices, gave up all applications and empty garbage
– Launch Applications and System Preferences on your Mac
– Open documents and folders you have actually specified on your Mac
– Open up sites and bookmarks, or appear Alfred with a custom-made search filled in
– Replace hard to keep in mind hotkey combinations and keyword phrases with symbols on iOS
To be able to completely use the features of each app, users will certainly require both Alfred 2 for Mac and Alfred Remote for iOS, and have both of them working on the very same Wi-Fi link.
Alfred Remote can be acquired from the App Store for $$ 4.99. [Direct Link]
Version 2 of the Alfred Mac Application is readily available from the App Store for free, with an option to update with the Powerpack alternatives. [Direct Link]feedflare”>