While it’s true that there is a ton of attention on the Apple 2020 iPhone lineup, set to include two iPhone 12 and two iPhone 12 Pro models, there’s likely to be a new Apple Watch this year as well.
The Apple Watch Series 6 is being forgotten about in the middle of iPhone fever, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t coming, and according to one new report it could also pack a blood oxygen sensor for the first time.
That report comes from the reliably unreliable DigiTimes, however. So keep that in mind when you read what it has to say after speaking to little birdies in the supply chain – MacRumors was the first to spot it.
Apple Watch 6 will feature biosensors that can monitor sleeping conditions, detect blood oxygen and measure pulse rates, heartbeats and atrial fibrillation, and will also incorporate MEMS-based accelerometer and gyroscope, all allowing the new device to continue to lead in measurement precision among wearable devices, the sources said.
Being able to track oxygen levels can allow an Apple Watch to do other things, like predict when someone is hyperventilating and potentially suffering from a panic attack. A low blood oxygen level is also indicative of various respiratory issues where an early warning could be the difference between receiving treatment early or leaving it too late.
Apple has already confirmed that it won’t be able to get the new iPhones out the door in time for their usual September release window. So far, however, there’s been no mention of what will happen with the Apple Watch Series 6. We’ll be keeping our ears to the ground for more information on a launch timeframe.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 4 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 3 IPSW Links And iPadOS 14 Beta 3 Released
- iOS 14 Beta 3 OTA Profile File Download Available Without Dev Account, Here’s How To Get It
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak