After months of rumors we finally have our first look at what we thought were going to be called AirPods Studio. Say hello to AirPods Max.
Shipping December 15 and available for pre-order right now, AirPods Max are pretty much what we’d been hearing about over the last few months, although the $549 price is definitely set to dampen the excitement. But hey, you do get to choose from five different colors; Space gray, Silver, Sky Blue, Green, and Pink.
Apple made the announcement via press release today, saying that these new earbuds come with all the same features we’d expect from something carrying the famous H1 chip – with the addition of adaptive audio that’s similar to Apple’s HomePod.
Apple today announced AirPods Max, innovative wireless headphones that bring the magic of AirPods to an over-ear design with high-fidelity sound. AirPods Max combine a custom acoustic design, H1 chips, and advanced software to power computational audio for a breakthrough listening experience with Adaptive EQ, Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency mode, and spatial audio. AirPods Max come in five gorgeous colors, including space gray, silver, sky blue, green, and pink, and are available to order starting today, with availability beginning Tuesday, December 15.
The earcups themselves appear to be made from something very similar to the mesh that covers HomePod and HomePod mini, making for a breathable canopy that not only looks great but should ensure your head doesn’t get too warm while wearing these things.
From the canopy to the ear cushions, every part of AirPods Max is carefully crafted to provide exceptional acoustic performance for each user. The breathable knit mesh canopy, spanning the headband, is made to distribute weight and reduce on-head pressure. The stainless steel headband frame provides strength, flexibility, and comfort for a wide variety of head shapes and sizes. Telescoping headband arms smoothly extend and stay in place to maintain the desired fit.
Featuring Active Noise Cancellation and Apple’s Transparency mode, these are everything we’d hoped for. There’s even a Digital Crown on the side so you can pretend you’re wearing your watch on your head.
That $549 asking price does get you a case to keep your new headphones in as well as a Lightning to USB-C cable for charging. A full charge will get your around 20 hours of playback as well, in case you were wondering.
You can place your pre-order now with delivery set to take place next week.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Apple Releases iOS 14.3 Beta 3 And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 3 To Developers
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak