Apple announced watchOS 8 today and it brings with it some new features that are aimed at making it easier for us all to be more mindful.
The update, which was announced via the WWDC21 opening keynote, is available to developers right now and will be available to those on the public beta program from next month. Everyone else will get it this fall.
Those mindfulness features were the first thing Apple announced and it’s easy to see why. We’re all in need of as much help as we can get right now and Apple Watch is here to offer a hand.
Now more than ever, people are recognizing the importance of finding small moments in their day to be more mindful. In watchOS 8, the Breathe app becomes the Mindfulness app, featuring an enhanced Breathe experience, plus a new session type, Reflect. Reflect offers a mindful intention to focus on for as little as one minute that can be done anywhere and at any time. Each Reflect session welcomes the user with a unique, thoughtful notion to consider that invites a positive frame of mind. For example, the user may see something like “Recall a time recently when you felt a sense of calm. Bring that feeling into this moment,” or “Reflect on one thing you’re grateful for and think about why you appreciate it so much.” Both the Breathe and Reflect experiences also offer tips to help users get more from each session and feature beautiful new animations.
Apple also announced that Apple Watch wearers will now be able to track their sleeping respiratory rate, while there are new workouts available – Tai Chi and Pilates.
Apple Fitness+ is getting some new hotness a well, not least a new round of workouts that will feature some pretty huge names.
Fitness+ introduces a new series of workouts featuring Jeanette Jenkins, one of the most sought-after fitness experts, and a new Artist Spotlight Series with workouts featuring entire playlists from Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban, and Alicia Keys.
Other features include the new Wallet additions that will make it possible to add keys of all kinds as well as a redesigned Music app. You’ll also finally be able to use Siri to set multiple timers at the same time.
We’re downloading the watchOS 8 beta right now and there are bound to be new things that we haven’t been told about. Don’t worry, we’ll let you know when we come across them!
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 15 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 12, Pro, 11, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 15 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Download iOS 15 Beta 1 Along With iPadOS 15 Beta 1
- Download: iOS 14.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.6 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.6 And iPadOS 14.6 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak