Apple today announced that it is bringing Health Records to iPhone users in the UK and Canada. The feature brings improved health data to iPhones based on information collected during doctor and hospital visits.
The feature doesn’t require any additional apps to be installed, with the standard Health app being where everything will live.
“We designed Health Records on iPhone to empower people to easily view their health records at any time, and we are thrilled to put this feature in the hands of customers in the UK and Canada,” said Kevin Lynch, Apple’s vice president of Technology. “We believe people should have access to their health information in the most private and secure way, and we have worked hand in hand with healthcare institutions and organizations to put privacy at the center of the patient experience.”
Unfortunately, only a select number of health organizations are online right now, however.
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – Oxford, UK
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust – Milton Keynes, UK
Women’s College Hospital – Toronto, Ontario
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton – Hamilton, Ontario
Mackenzie Health – Richmond Hill, Ontario
People in the United States have been able to take advantage of the Health Records feature for a long time now and it has more than 11,000 locations online. It will take plenty of time before the UK and Canada can boast that level of coverage, unfortunately. However, Apple does say that more facilities will be coming online in the next few months.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.0.1 Using Checkra1n 0.11.0, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download iOS 14.0.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.0.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.0.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak