Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers can now repair a cracked rear iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max panels without replacing the whole device, as was the case with the iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 last month.
MacRumors noted that the iPhone 12 models would get the benefit of this change last month and now Apple’s high-end models have caught up.
Last month, MacRumors reported that Apple was introducing a new same-unit repair method for iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 models exhibiting certain issues that would typically require a whole-unit replacement. Now, we’ve learned that Apple has extended these same-unit repairs to the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Previously, a replacement iPhone 12 rear glass would cause the entire device to require replacement, but that is no longer the case. However, the iPhone’s display and the rear camera assembly must be in one piece for the glass replacement to take place.
If a customer has an iPhone 12 Pro with cracked rear glass, for example, an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider is able to replace the entire rear portion of the device with the iPhone Rear System part, while retaining the customer’s original display and rear camera. For this reason, the iPhone’s display and rear camera must be free of damage or issues in order for the device to qualify for a same-unit repair.
If your iPhone has a cracked rear glass we’d suggest getting in touch with Apple to get the wheels moving on a repair. Note that your local store might be closed right now so be sure to check in before heading out.
(Top image: iPhone 12 drop test)
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.4.1 Out Now
- How To Jailbreak iOS 14.3 With Unc0ver v6.0.0 On iPhone 12 Using AltStore
- Download Unc0ver v6.0.0 IPA iPhone 12 Jailbreak For iOS 14.3
- Want To Downgrade To iOS 14.3 From iOS 14.4 For Unc0ver Jailbreak? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 14.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.4 The Easy Way [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak