Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has previously said that the company will start to use mini-LED in some of its products, and now he’s elaborated on exactly what that means. He also offered up a timescale, too.
According to the prolific Apple watcher, we can expect mini-LED to make an appearance in two products within the next two years. One will be a high-end iPad while the other will be an equally costly MacBook.
Based on the belief that both will be priced towards the top end of Apple’s price range – if not at the very top – we’d expect the devices to be iPad Pro and MacBook Pro products.
Timescales are a little up in the air right now, but Kuo does believe that we will see mini-LED come to the iPad in either the fourth quarter of 2020 or the first of 2021. The MacBook will take a little longer, though, with a window of the first and second quarters of 2021 mentioned by the analyst.
When they do ship we can expect bright, colorful displays that have the potential to be thinner and lighter than displays that came before. Interestingly, Kuo says we can expect panels to feature as many as 10,000 individual LEDs. That already sounds a lot, but when you consider the upcoming Pro Display XDR has just 576, the number takes on a whole new level of crazy.
We’d expect to start hearing more about mini-LED if these release schedules are accurate, so we’ll be keeping our ears to the ground.
You may also like to check out:
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.1 / iPadOS 13.1.1 To 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.4.1, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 13.1 Final To 12.4.1 / 13.0, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple
- Download: iOS 13.1.1 / iPadOS 13.1.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad