Apple has everyone wearing masks when they go into an Apple Store and it’s got hits team members wearing them as well. But this is Apple, so any old mask won’t do. According to a Bloomberg report, Apple went so far as to design not just one mask, but two.
The two masks are built with both corporate and retail-based workers in mind, according to the report. And the two different masks actually fulfill two different use cases as well. One of them is clear, for example.
The masks — called the Apple Face Mask and Apple ClearMask — are the first developed in-house by the Cupertino, California-technology giant for its staff. The company previously created a different face shield for medical workers and distributed millions of other masks across the health-care sector.
By making a clear mask Apple is able to help people with hearing problems who want to read lips. Traditional masks prevent that for obvious reasons, but clear masks give people a full view of a person’s mouth – perfect for lip reading.
There is no suggestion in the Bloomberg piece that Apple intends to sell any of these masks, however.
Instead, it seems that they’re meant for Apple alone. And that might be a shame, too. Face ID can’t work while someone is wearing a mask and one that is clear might fix that.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 8 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14 Beta 8 Released
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.7 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Released With Automatic COVID-19 Notifications
- Jailbreak iOS 13.7 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 13.7 To iOS 13.6.1, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak