Apple and Epic Games continue to trade lawsuits over Fortnite’s removal from the App Store, with Apple now countersuing the developer for breach of contract.
Epic signed a contract with Apple when it created a developer account. Apple says that contract is now in breach and it wants compensation.
“Epic’s lawsuit is nothing more than a basic disagreement over money,” Apple said in a filing with the District Court for the Northern District of California. “Although Epic portrays itself as a modern corporate Robin Hood, in reality it is a multi-billion dollar enterprise that simply wants to pay nothing for the tremendous value it derives from the App Store.”
There’s no indication of exactly how much Apple wants, but it seems to be on the hunt for the money that it lost out on when Fortnite sold its in-app purchases outside of Apple’s payment system. That prevented Apple from claiming its standard 30% of transactions – and now it wants that money. The company also wants an injunction to prevent Epic from doing something similar in the future.
Apple is now going one step further, asking the court to hold Epic liable for breach of contract and other counts, seeking restitution of all money Fortnite collected through its payment system, and seeking a permanent injunction banning its external payment mechanism in all apps, including Fortnite.
Fortnite is still missing from the App Store, as is all of Epic’s games after its developer account was ceased by Apple. That isn’t a situation that looks likely to change any time soon, with gamers once again those who are being worst hit.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 14 Beta 8 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect Its Availability
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 7 IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 7 Released
- Get iOS 14 Beta 7 Profile File Download Without Apple Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.7 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Released With Automatic COVID-19 Notifications
- Jailbreak iOS 13.7 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 13.7 To iOS 13.6.1, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak