Apple has stopped signing iOS 13.7, meaning there is now no way for users to downgrade from iOS 13.7. The move also means that anyone restoring a device from scratch will also be pushed towards iOS 14, too.
Apple only released iOS 14 last week but while some people do have issues, it’s largely been a popular launch.
The move to block downgrades to iOS 13.7 is something that was always going to happen at some point and Apple has been increasingly aggressive in its move to kill off older versions of iOS in recent months.
While most people might downgrade to allow jailbreaking, and while iOS 14 has already been jailbroken it’s likely to remain something that’s only available on specific iPhones for now.
Apple tends to want people to run the latest version of software versions because it ensures developers can target a newer release, too. By making sure the majority of iPhones are running iOS 14 or newer, Apple can allow developers to employ features and APIs that are not available via iOS 13.x.
If for whatever reason you do want to downgrade from iOS 14, you’re out of luck. If you’re suffering from bugs or other problems relating to iOS 14 we can only suggest you cross your fingers and hope Apple fixes them in a future update. We know that iOS 14.2 is already being tested by developers, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Download iOS 14 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14
- Jailbreak iOS 14 Using Checkra1n 0.11.0, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 14 To iOS 13.7, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak