Apple’s new iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro are both on sale for the first time which means people are getting to use their new MagSafe Chargers, too. But they should probably avoid using one with leather cases, according to a new support document published by Apple.
According to that document, the MagSafe Charger could leave circular marks on leather cases.
Interestingly, Apple’s own leather iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro cases aren’t yet available, suggesting the company is battling with the issue itself.
If you keep your iPhone in a leather case while charging with your MagSafe Charger, the case might show circular imprints from the contact.
Apple also has some more notes that people should probably take into consideration when using a MagSafe Charger with their new iPhone. Including the fact that anyone connecting an iPhone to a MagSafe Charger and Lightning Cable will see their device charge using the cable, rather than the wireless option.
- Don’t place credit cards, security badges, passports, or key fobs between your iPhone and MagSafe Charger, because this might damage magnetic strips or RFID chips in those items. If you have a case that holds any of these sensitive items, remove them before charging or make sure that they aren’t between the back of your device and the charger.
- As with other wireless chargers, your iPhone or MagSafe Charger might get slightly warmer while your iPhone charges. To extend the lifespan of your battery, if the battery gets too warm, software might limit charging above 80 percent. Your iPhone or MagSafe Charger could get warmer and charging could take longer after heavy use. Your iPhone will charge again when the temperature drops. Try moving your iPhone and charger to a cooler location.
- Your iPhone won’t charge wirelessly when simultaneously connected to power via the Lightning port—instead, your iPhone will charge via the Lightning connector.
Apple says that its own leather iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro cases will be made available at some point in the future. Whether they will still have the same issue remains to be seen.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak