Apple may not split its Apple Watch and AirPods sales out for all to see, but that isn’t going to stop IDC from having a good guess at how many were sold. In fact, IDC’s latest numbers for the first calendar quarter of 2019 have Apple selling around 12.8 million wearable devices.
Those wearable devices include the Apple Watch, AirPods, and some of the Beats headphones that are sold. The 12.8 million devices sold gives Apple an almost 26% market share for that quarter, making it the best selling company when it comes to devices that can be worn. It also means Apple’s year-on-year growth is more than healthy at a staggering 49.5%.
While Apple sat pretty at the top of the pile, Chinese firm Xiaomi was in second spot with 6.6 million devices sold. Fellow Chinese company Huawei was third with 5 million devices shipped. Samsung and Fitbit followed.
Apple maintained the leading position as the company offers three product lines; Apple Watch, AirPods, and select Beats headphones. The Apple Watch in particular has proven to be highly successful at capturing unit share, but more importantly dollar share as the average selling price (ASP) of these watches has increased from $426 in 1Q18 to $455 in the latest quarter. Apple also seems to be employing a similar strategy in its wireless headphone lineup as the latest AirPods are now available with wireless charging and an increased ASP.
Apple doesn’t share its specific Apple Watch or AirPods sales, but recent updates to the latter and a continuous annual update cycle for the former certainly isn’t harming sales one jot.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 12.3.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out, Here’s Changelog And Release Notes
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out Now
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad
- Here’s A Look At What A Tesla Designed Foldable Smartphone Could Look Like
- This USB Adds Apple CarPlay (Or Android Auto) To Just About Any Car Without Having To Replace Headunit