Apple has updated its Apple Maps functionality for those in India, with turn-by-turn directions now available. Detailed directions are offered for both walking and driving, with users also able to order rides via both Uber and Ola from within the app.
While those new additions will be music to the ears of those in India, there is still some way to go before the country receives some other highly requested features. Those included details on mass transit as well as lane guidance and speed limits for those driving.
Apple has generally been criticized for its poor usability in India with many cities and landmarks simply missing from the app completely. The arrival of this new functionality hopefully means that Apple is now starting to improve Apple Maps as a whole in the country.
Apple opened a new Hyderabad-based center with the sole aim of improving Apple Maps in India, but that happened almost three years ago. It would seem that work has been slow going to get tho this point.
In stark contrast, Google Maps is currently the big app that everyone uses in India, with driving, public transit, and walking features all having been available for some considerable time.
There are also some region-specific features that are only available in the region, with “two wheeler” a primer example. The feature offers up shortcuts through cities for those who are riding scooters or motorcycles and are able to go places cars cannot.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.1.2 To iOS 12.1 / iOS 12.1.1
- iOS 12.1.2 Release Notes, Changelog And Other Changes As Highlighted By Apple
- Download iOS 12.1.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, And More
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.1 / iOS 12.1: Project Zero Team Publishes Privilege Escalation Bug That Could Lead To First Public iOS 12 Jailbreak
- Call Of Duty Legends Of War Android APK Beta Download Of 1.0.0 Version Released