Once again, digging into the codebase of an Apple product has paid dividends. This time, the codebase is a new beta version of Apple Music for Android, which has revealed that Apple could be about to announce a new higher streaming tier for Apple Music.
Currently, if you are subscribed to Apple Music, there is an option in the Settings app that lets you turn on what Apple calls “High-Quality Streaming.” Basically, the current Apple Music platform offers the ability to choose whether or not you want to preserve cellular data with a simple toggle.
Now, thanks to a decompiling of the latest Apple Music APK for Android, it seems that a similar setup could be coming to Apple Music for Android, as evidenced by a number of hidden prompts in the codebase:
Lossless audio files preserve every detail of the original file. Turning this on will consume significantly more data.
Lossless audio files will use significantly more space on your device. 10 GB of space could store approximately: – 3000 songs at high quality – 1000 songs with lossless – 200 songs with hi-res lossless
Lossless streaming will consume significantly more data. A 3-minute song will be approximately: – 1.5 MB with high efficiency- 6 MB with high quality at 256 kbps- 36 MB with lossless at 24-bit/48 kHz- 145 MB with hi-res lossless at 24-bit/192 kHzSupport varies and depends on song availability, network conditions, and connected speaker or headphone capability.
The codebase also stipulates that Apple Music will offer two distinct options when it comes to lossless playback: Lossless ALAC up to 24-bit/48KHz and High-Res Lossless ALAC up to 24-bit/192KHz. These changes aren’t actually available to toggle on and off in the actual Apple Music app for Android just yet but it does seem that they will be exposed sooner rather than later.
Once that happens, Android users will have an Apple Music experience that is on par with other popular streaming platforms that currently offer this lossless playback. Additionally, once this hits the public domain and is announced to the public, the speculation also suggests that Apple will announce the brand new AirPods 3 alongside this hi-fi announcement. Let’s wait and see what happens.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.5.1 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.5.1 And iPadOS 14.5.1 [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checkin
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak